The Holy Stone F181 is a relatively newer release from a company named DFD. It comes equipped with a 6 axis gyro stabilization system, sleek black design, and its own remote control with LCD screen. Its relatively low price and positive reviews led me to purchasing this quadcopter as my first. I have grown accustomed to this drone and have flown it many times. Therefore, I feel that my honest opinion will help buyers decide whether or not to purchase this quadcopter. Here is a list of what advantages and disadvantages I have come across while piloting this model:
The Holy Stone F181 includes:
1 x Quad Copter
1 x 2.4G Remote Transmitter
2 x USB charging cable
2 x 3.7V 750mAh LiPO Batteries
4 x Rotating blade
4 x Portection frames
2 x Landing skids
1 x Screwdriver
1 x User Manual
Below are the list of features I enjoyed about the F181 quadcopter:
- Its headless security system feature prevents the quadcopter from veering off course and crashing.
- It has an auto-return function. (WARNING!: Make sure your line of return is free of obstructions!)
- The 4-way flip feature allows for continuous rolls in 4 directions.
- The device can be charged in 1 hour 20 minutes, which is pretty quick.
- This package comes with two batteries! You can charge one will you fly.
- Comes equipped with a camera that captures aerial footage.
- This model is very reasonably priced! (Check for the lowest prices here.)
- Holy Stone customer service is very helpful and reliable.
Here is a list of disadvantages I came across while using this quadcopter:
- This model does not come equipped with a GPS, which makes it more difficult to track the drone.
- This entry level quadcopter is not suited for winds stronger than 10 mph.
- This unit will only last approximately 9 minutes on a fully charged battery.
- The equipped camera was not as great as I hoped – vibration and wind during flight was noticeable.
- Replacing the motor can be rather tedious because of its design.
In conclusion, I would recommend this drone to any aerial novice. It is a perfect building block for learning how to fly, record, and create photography/videography. Continuing, it’s easy-to-fly for beginners – but when you do crash (we all do), you can likely expect its durable design to stay intact. The current price is very reasonable, too. I left an Amazon link below – check it out and decide for yourself.